I made a prototype of level-up system. How does it work?
After destroying 15 blocks you get the first level-up and take a pleasure in destroying two common or diamond one per kick. Every ball gets +1 damage per level. One level and current progress will be removed if you lose the ball or crash on a block.
Every level is harder to get than the previous one. You need to destroy more and more blocks. The 5-th level is maximum.
Why I did it?
- To have more fun!
- To give players short-term motivation.
- To motivate players to hold ball on the field.
- The physics of penetration work bad — balls twitch.
- Ball’s level and level-up progress aren’t dependent on game’s level.
- The UI is not good.
- The experience curve is not balanced yet. I’ll be looking at the analytics and players’ feedback to balance this system.