Download here: http://arcadder.com/alpha/v0-6.apk
Android 5.0+ required.
You can send bugs and other comments via Telegram @AlmazDelDiablo or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Increased ball’s collider.
- Experiment – level-up system. Read more here: http://blog.arcadder.com/lvlup-prototype/
- Experiment – removed scores counter from in-level UI.
- Synchronized the third level and soundtrack endings.
- The fourth level soundtrack version is final but the level itself isn’t complete yet.
- Changed geometry of the beginning of the first level.
- Diamond blocks now have 2 health points instead of 3.
- Added personal developer logo to the splash screen.
I made a prototype of level-up system. How does it work?
After destroying 15 blocks you get the first level-up and take a pleasure in destroying two common or diamond one per kick. Every ball gets +1 damage per level. One level and current progress will be removed if you lose the ball or crash on a block.
Every level is harder to get than the previous one. You need to destroy more and more blocks. The 5-th level is maximum.
Why I did it?
- To have more fun!
- To give players short-term motivation.
- To motivate players to hold ball on the field.
- The physics of penetration work bad — balls twitch.
- Ball’s level and level-up progress aren’t dependent on game’s level.
- The UI is not good.
- The experience curve is not balanced yet. I’ll be looking at the analytics and players’ feedback to balance this system.
Arcadder is being prepared for its alpha release on TestFlight — a store for alpha and beta iOS apps. If you want to register beforehand just send me your email address (not necessary to use Apple ID email) via Telegram @AlmazDelDiablo, private messages on Twitter or email email@example.com. When alpha rolls out on TestFlight you will get an invite. I will also inform you when the testing starts via Twitter and this blog.